Saturday, March 22, 2008

Spring (Not) Break


This is the official day of spring break for the Husband and I. I got up feeling ambitious today and wanted to redo and clean up the studio. This first picture is in mid-redoing. I had emptied out and removed two of my old shelves and I was backed into a corner when I took the first picture.
The lovely second picture is my new organized studio space! I moved from 5 bookshelves/desks to two bookshelves. Everything now has its own proper home. The new bookshelves are located where I took the first picture from. The other half of the room is now empty which is great because we have company and going for the next few weeks and it will be great to have a space to inflate the air mattress. It will also be great for laying out paper to unroll and general space for whatever I need.

My first burst of productivity came last night. I sat in front of the tv and watched a political speech being broadcast live from Mac Court (local basketball arena) and folded a small army of Blizzard Books. There are 7 in all, the 3 red are the smallest, the green trio is only slightly larger and each a slightly different size as they were made from scraps from other projects. The middle book is the largest with my new Ex Libris stamp on the cover. The other books all feature other various stamps on the covers as well. I've decided that these books will be going out with my next few orders as thank you books. So if you've been waiting for a good reason to pick up one of my books now is the time!

No comments: