Thursday, March 27, 2008

Back in business!


I have to start this post with a very large hats off and thank you to the Apple support teams! I have my baby back! I'm very impressed with their service and turn around time. I called in late Monday afternoon to the service center, by 10 am the next morning I had my return box and packed her up and dropped it off in time for afternoon pick up. Apple got my laptop early the next morning, had fixed it and sent back to me by the end of day yesterday. This morning my laptop was back in my hands by 10 am again. Serious kudos!

While my laptop was being fixed I decided to try my hand at fabric button hair accessories. Spring term starts Monday and my new schedule is a polar opposite of what I had before. I'll be going to the gym in the mornings before school and realized that I won't have access to a hair dryer at the gym. My bangs will be all over all the time without a hair dryer so I decided I needed to invest in some cute hair accessories to tame them. I really love the end product and might have found a new crafting hobby. I don't think I'll be selling them, but don't hold me to it. The batch above is made from some fabric scraps I had from making books. I love this fabric and really love the clipies! I think I'll be trying some of my Kimono fabrics next....

4 comments:

~Stella said...

I absolutely love them and I think you should pop those guys into your shop! I'd buy them because I have hair issues...more clips equals better hair in my mirror.

:)

Grizzly Mountain Arts said...

Those are so cute!

Amanda said...

I love those little hairclips..I would buy them...especially if you got some on larger clips.

Great job.
Amanda

Kiley said...

Thanks everyone- maybe I will consider adding a few sets next week to see how they do...