Sunday, January 11, 2009

Home, but not quite setteled

It's been a week since I arrived back in my apartment from the subarctic cold of Germany. The trip was fantastic, I could go on and on about all the cool things in German culture that we had here but I'll spare all of you. I took a million pictures (well at least almost 2 gigs worth...) and I'll share a few of the book themed images with you!
Both of these images happen to be from the same cathedral in Bamberg. The cathedral is also home to the famous Bamberger Reiter or Bamberg Rider, which I somehow did not manage to photograph.

The last week has been spent trying to readjust my sleep schedule and frantically finish my application for grad school. I'm in full freakout mode now because my file is showing that my letters of recommendation and transcripts have not been received and they are due in a matter of days. I'll be up early tomorrow making frantic phone calls trying to figure out what I can do as I know they were sent in a long time ago.

I'm happy with the finished product of my book, I'm not sure if I will get it back or not, but I hope I do. I went with the covers I had posted awhile back and put the same purple paper without any printing for the inside covers. Each section has the same tape screened on the bottom right cover, it's 9 sections with the tape at 3 different angles repeated 3 times. I put bright orange eyelets in each hole on the cover and I think they tie the book together really well. The only thing I wish I had was purple thread instead of black for the stitching but not much I can do about that given my local resources.

School is off to a good start and work has slowed down dramatically so I'm working a lot less now. Hopefully that means I'll have time to post on a more regular basis. I have another Celtic Weave that I have finished but it's not been photographed yet, so look for that later in the week!

No comments: