Saturday, April 26, 2008

Earth Week



Eugene is an eco-minded town and there were all kinds of Earth Week festivities going on around town. Susan of Seh What! on my local street team works for Levi and they put out a call for handmade items from the team that were recycled. I admit that most of what I do isn't recycled but the cute little book earrings fit the bill perfectly! I sent the 4 pairs above and I hope they got warm welcomes!
I have had a busy week with school, work, and the like. I got my first project back from grading and am plugging away on my second. Silk screening is turning out to be much harder than I had expected it to be. Not sure why I though it was going to be easy, but I did. I'm WAY behind on my second project because I can't get my beaker to turn out... yes I'm a geek, I'm doing an art project involving chemistry. I promise to share a picture of one of the prints when I'm done.
Today is a nice day after a week of snow, rain, & hail so we are enjoying the fading sunshine and waiting for a few friends to arrive for the weekly Saturday dinner. We are setting up the ball game in the "back yard" which is really the grass we share in the back with the rest of the apartments that no one but us seems to use.
My prints are due Thursday so if I remember to pack my camera as I finish them this week I'll share by the weekend. If not I'm not sure when I'll get them back from grading.

4 comments:

Candice Westberg said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Candice Westberg said...

Again, a great excuse to get my ears pierced. I loved seeing these at the meeting. Too cute! See you next meeting!

Candice

(Sorry for the delete! I completely missed some crazy spelling error but couldn't "edit"!)

Kiley said...

Hehe Candice, I did that on another blog the other day and didn't apologize at all!

I'm trying to decide if I want to try to make a ton for the street fair or not... oh decisions....

Aly- Bliss Monkey Studio said...

Hi Kiley, thanks for chatting me up. Yes I love silk screening!!! I love my Gocco. I hear 1/2 the people finding it compleetly unmanagable. I wonder if that's due to the old manual which is translated from Japanese..? I have a brand new book that's just come out about Gocco, and available through Think Ink where I bought suppplies. Found it all so easy. Just match the right supplies to the right screens for the right USE and we're good!
I hope to catch the next meeting!
AlyTheRed