Monday, February 25, 2008

Roaming the beach


This term has proven to be especially grueling on me both mentally and physically. My mini vacation last weekend has me looking forward to spring break more and more. I can't wait to spend some time thinking about new books instead of rate laws and speeds of reactions!

I've been thinking about doing a series of books with some of my photography on the covers. I haven't decided if I would want do to them as printed works for the entire front cover or if I would want to do something smaller like a picture window. I find myself going back over my pictures from last weekend like the one posted here and thinking about the design of what would look best, and if anyone else would like my images as much as I do.
This one is a big mass of tree roots from a huge tree that washed up on the beach. It was taken in the morning when the sun was peaking just right in the roots. I don't know why but I really enjoy this photo, I think I'm gonna stare at it a bit more and mull over the idea a bit more.
I also need to order new business cards and I think I'm going to give mine a make over. Haven't decided how or what... but I think they could use a little love. Which might lead to a new banner for the shop and blog to match the store. However I think thats a good spring break project and for now I should get back to work on rate laws.

No comments: