Monday, July 27, 2009

Another Quick Update

I have internet at home now but won't be up to much for the next week or so as I had my first bookbinding accident yesterday. I was cutting board on my mat cutter yesterday and somehow left thumb got in the way.... I'm left handed....

I've got 4 stitches, a cut nerve, and a lot of choice words- but with my dominant hand out of the action I'm not up to much. Which is a large disappointment because I have a very large order folio order that needs to be worked on, which is what I was doing when I tried to take my thumb off. Maybe in a day or two I can get a teaser shot of the cloth swatches and paper together, I can't believe how perfect of a match I got and how well I think it suits the photographers personality. However that will have to wait until I've got at least a semi functioning second opposable thumb :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Am so sorry to learn of your accident. I really enjoy reading your blog so felt the need to commiserate! Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Elissa said...

Did they at least use the coptic stitch when they patched you up?

Anonymous said...

Oh dear! Sorry to hear it. Hope you mend quick.

Kiley said...

Thanks everyone!
I wish they would have used the coptic stitch, instead I have some uneven black knots....

As far as my thumb goes it's on the mend, I almost am to the point where I don't have to wear a band-aid on in 24/7. However in general I am a slow healer so it will probably be another week before I'm back in good shape.

Billie said...

OMG Kiley, I've only just caught up to read your blog. Your poor thumb!!!

Sending healing thoughts your way!!!!

Get well soon

Billie xxxx