Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Time to Slow Down

I've been working pretty hard the last few weeks and now I finally have the pictures to prove it! The pictures in this post is part of the wholesale order I've been feverishly working away on. I love the picture of all the leather journals. The red one in the middle is by far my favorite. I didn't purposefully mean for it to be centered and the eye catcher of the picture, but it's funny how your subconscious works like that.

In other news I need to start getting ready for the classes I'll be teaching in less than 2 weeks! I have all the materials set aside at Mecca, I just need to go in and do some prep work so the covers are cut and the pages are all the right size.

It's been grey and kinda rainy since we had our heat wave and it's been kinda nice. Not to hot and surprisingly not to humid either. It's been a nice change, albeit rather strange. One of my brothers ended up in town on business yesterday and had a long lunch so we went to play some disc golf and I ended up with totally soaked shoes as the course was covered in standing water.

Now that I've completed the large order I need to go restore order to my studio and get some work done for my own store!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kiley

Your journals look amazing. I can relate to disapearing under piles of books and off cuts. Thankfully I have only got three more books to complete my Christmas pressie journals. I'm having a few days off from binding though as my RSI is complaining.

Well done, your blog and pictures are so inspiring.

Billie :)

Kiley said...

Thank you Billie! Your praise always puts a smile on my face.

I understand about the wrist pain. I just went in for acupuncture for the first time today and even just a few hours later I feel so much better. If you haven't looked into it do so!

Anonymous said...

Hi Kiley

I have had the operation to repair the damage to both my wrists about 6 years ago now. They are getting stronger but if the weather is damp or I have over done it, they still complain. Not as much as they did in the past.

I'm glad you are finding acupuncture helpful, I hate needles and the thought of lots of them and the person WIGGLING the needles ahhhhh{Billie runs off quivering} hehe

Hugs

Billie

Kiley said...

You're gonna laugh at me when I tell you this but HATE needles as well!

I was squeamish until she got the first one in. They don't feel anything like shots and half of them I didn't notice at all.
I spent all day debating if I could do it or not, but as you know the pain is unbearable and I was willing to try anything.

I'm not sure if it's a blessing or not but thanks to our medical system they decided when I was younger that the surgery wasn't needed, awhile after that they decided it might have helped earlier but now I'm not a good candidate. I've heard mixed reviews from others so I'm glad it helped you.

DangAndBlast! said...

were those all for one order? Impressive. I love the colors!

Kiley said...

Thank you!

Those pictures are only part of the order. The woman who placed the order said go bold so I did. I love the colors as well!