Thursday, July 31, 2008

Scrumptious Leather

The award giving caused quite a stir around here yesterday and I couldn't be more pleased! I had a record setting day for site traffic and possibly for comments as well!
Which could be viewed as the motivation for today, but it isn't- today I have this scrumptious leather journal to share with you. This journal, along with all the leather journals I will be posting and making for the next few months, are made from upholstery scraps. Which while they are luscious leathers sadly I have no information about them. I don't know what kind of animal they are of what kind of a finish they have on them.
This book is the structure I will be teaching in my upcoming classes at MECCA. MECCA should be releasing more details soon, but the first class will be September 9th and the leather workshop will run September 23rd and 30th.

My local Etsy street team held a meeting last night and we had a special guest stop by and I got some really fun toys. I don't have the energy or pictures to discuss it yet, but it's exciting. I'm packing up for a weekend trip to the Coast and Portland so I'll see you guys next week!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kiley

Love your book, my leather from Jackie arrived today so I am just off for my first attempt at a leather book. I'll have a go with longstitch first..cross your fingers for me hehe.

Just a heads up to let you know I have given your wonderful blog an award http://billiescraftroom.wordpress.com/2008/08/05/thanks-for-the-award-kiley/
You and Rhonda where my first choices last time, but that was before I found out that you could give the award to someone who had had it before.

Best wishes

Billie xx